The Key Concepts are the powerful ideas that have relevance within the subject area
and that students explore and re-explore in order to develop a coherent,
in-depth understanding. These concepts are like the "keys" that unlock
the door of understanding. Also, by thinking through the key concepts
our learning can connect across subjects and topics.
The 8 Key Concepts & Key Questions
- Form - What is it like?
- Function - How does it work?
- Causation - Why is it like it is?
- Change - How is it changing?
- Connection - How is it connected to other things?
- Perspective - What are the points of view?
- Responsibility - What is our responsibility?
- Reflection - How do we know?
This video may help you understand how to apply the Key Concepts at home: Key Concepts VIdeo (This video was created by another school, however it highlights a wonderful usage of the Key Concepts at home).